Parkour & all things AV

A blog dedicated to the art of Parkour, and the technical aspects of audio and video.

Friday, July 21, 2006

New AV amp coming soon



It's been a few years since I last upgraded my home cinema amp. There have been a few developments in the 5 years or so since my last purchase;Dolby Digital EX, DTS ES Matrix & DTS ES Discrete (6.1 channel formats), HDMI, 720p, 1080i & 1080p HD video formats, the HDMI interface, THX Ultra 2. All this points to one thing: an upgrade! After spending a few months trawling the internet, I've found what looks like the right amp for me: The Denon AVC-A1XVA. The only slight drawback of this particular model is its massive 44kg weight, which will mean reinforcing my hifi rack to accomodate it. A small price to pay for hours of high quality audio visual enjoyment!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home